20 delicious winter warming soup recipes that kids will love!
As the weather here in the UK is turning distinctly autumnal, I find myself craving great big bowls of warm comforting homemade soup.
Soup might not be something that you would normally associate with kids but here are a few great reasons why soup can make a really delicious and nutritious meal for the whole family:
- Sneaky Veg! – Sometimes getting your kids to eat enough vegetables can be a real struggle. Soup is a really easy way to include some additional veg into their diet without them even knowing it’s there. Great for picky eaters.
- Hydration – Soup always contains a good amount of water so is great for keeping everyone hydrated in the colder months when the desire to drink plenty of water is often less.
- Super Nutritious – With vegetables, pulses or meat being the main staples of most soup recipes, it’s an easy way of ensuring your family get plenty of vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein in their diet in one easy bowl!
- Economical – Depending on the ingredients you choose, homemade soup can be a really cheap but satisfying meal to feed whole family without compromising on taste!
- Great comfort food for those sick days! – Not only a great way to get plenty of nutrients and water into the “patient” when they are feeling poorly, soup is easy on those sore throats and congested noses!
In an attempt to ready myself for the ensuing colder months here are my top 20 Kid-Friendly Soup Recipes!
A delicious and comforting Roasted Tomato and Red Pesto Soup, super easy to make and served with Cheddar Cheese Soldiers.
This slow cooker chicken noodle soup comes together super quickly and then you ignore it while it cooks for supper.
Not just for Halloween this simple but really healthy Spinach Soup recipe is perfect for your little ghouls!
Delicious, healthy soup using ground beef that kids and adults will enjoy.
Use up leftover ham from your Sunday roast to make this delicious and healthy Ham and Egg Noodle Soup. A quick and easy meal idea for a Monday!
This soup is very child friendly – it’s lovely and sweet with just a hint of curry flavour, and most importantly it’s packed full of healthy vegetables!
A super easy Minestrone Soup recipe, ready in just 15 minutes. A perfect winter warmer for the whole family!
On a cold day, this creamy and comforting Butternut Squash Soup is like getting a warm hug!
A delicious, warm and comforting Italian Meatball & Gnocchi Soup recipe. A super easy family meal made in the slow cooker. Minimum effort, maximum taste!
Simple Pea and Broccoli Soup. So easy that a child can make it – with free downloadable recipe sheet suitable for cooking with your kids.
Warm and comforting, this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe has added courgette noodles (zoodles!) for an extra hit of nutritious veg!
This basic soup can be varied with whatever vegetables are in season. Swap potato for sweet potato, butternut squash or pumpkin, and onions for spring onion or leek.
A deliciously warming and lightly spiced soup made with butternut squash and coconut milk. Vegan friendly!
Easy and inexpensive taco soup that kids love!
A delicious and vibrant kid-friendly soup made with raw beetroot, carrot and potatoes, garnished with creme fraiche and crumbled feta cheese
Do you know how to make pumpkin soup better? You add peanut butter. I kid you not Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Soup is a total game changer.
A very easy soup recipe that can be served with cream cheese, herbs and homemade croutons.
This Loaded Potato Soup tastes like everything you love in a loaded baked potato. All the flavors of the warm potato, butter, salt, pepper, and all the toppings combined together in a soup that’ll warm you up as you take each bite.
Creamy, Vegan & Comforting!
Low in salt and with no added sugar it is perfect for kids.