A delicious and warming Mexican Pork Soup, made with leftovers and cooked in just minutes.
On a cold and miserable January’s day you really can’t beat a delicious bowl of warm and mildly spicy soup. Most people associate soup with lunch but I love to make chunky and filling soups for dinner and this Mexican Pork Soup ticks all those boxes!
I made this delicious sweet and sticky Marmalade Glazed Ham and turned the leftovers into this soup.
I used lots of store cupboard essentials to turn the leftover pork into a tasty and mildly spicy soup. I used lots of dried spices to create the delicious warming Mexican flavours and tins of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans help to bulk out the soup and turn it into a filling meal.
I also used one of my favourite meal time shortcuts – frozen chopped veg. Super easy, no peeling or chopping required!
If you try this recipe yourself please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures and hearing your comments about the recipes
SIGN UP TO MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER TO GET BRAND NEW RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX!Print
A delicious and warming Mexican Pork Soup, made with leftovers and cooked in just minutes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tinned tomatoes
- 800ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g chopped cooked pork
- 1 tin (400g) cooked kidney beans, drained
- 130g frozen chopped vegetables
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
To serve: grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and the spices and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to blitz the soup to make it smooth.
- Add in the cooked pork, kidney beans, frozen vegetables and red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips for dipping.