A delicious and warming Mexican Pork Soup, made with leftovers and cooked in just minutes.
On a cold and miserable January’s day you really can’t beat a delicious bowl of warm and mildly spicy soup.
Most people associate soup with lunch but I love to make chunky and filling soups for dinner and this Mexican Pork Soup ticks all those boxes!
I made this delicious sweet and sticky Marmalade Glazed Ham and turned the leftovers into this soup.
I used lots of store cupboard essentials to turn the leftover pork into a tasty and mildly spicy soup.
And used lots of dried spices to create the delicious warming Mexican flavours and tins of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans help to bulk out the soup and turn it into a filling meal.
I also used one of my favourite meal time shortcuts – frozen chopped veg. Super easy, no peeling or chopping required!
If you try this recipe yourself please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
I love to see your pictures and hearing your comments about the recipes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Ham & Egg Noodle Soup – Use up leftover ham from your Sunday roast to make this delicious and healthy Ham and Egg Noodle Soup. A quick and easy meal idea for a Monday!
Roasted Tomato & Chorizo Soup – A delicious and warming Roasted Tomato & Chorizo Soup winter soup perfect to whip up for a healthy lunch at home.
Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup – A delicious, warm and comforting Italian Meatball & Gnocchi Soup recipe. A super easy family meal made in the slow cooker. Minimum effort, maximum taste!
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out now. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
Mexican Pork Soup
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
A delicious and warming Mexican Pork Soup, made with leftovers and cooked in just minutes
- ½ tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tinned tomatoes
- 800ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g chopped cooked pork
- 1 tin (400g) cooked kidney beans, drained
- 130g frozen chopped vegetables
- ½ red pepper, chopped
To serve: grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and the spices and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to blitz the soup to make it smooth.
- Add in the cooked pork, kidney beans, frozen vegetables and red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips for dipping.
Bianca Carey-Spencer says
I had to substitute the frozen mixed veg for frozen ochre and frozen peas as it was all we had in the freezer pre-christmas shop but it still tasted amazing and was so pleased to find something to use up the lelft over pork from the weekend roast!
So easy!!! This recipe is brill and the soup came out tasting really really good. Just what we needed on a cold and miserable monday night!