A tasty Cheat’s Paella ready in just 10 minutes using a few cooking hacks! Perfect for when you need to feed the family fast!
We all have days when we get home and need to get something on the table to feed our family fast!
Days like this it can be tempting to reach for the takeaway menu or a ready-meal, but I’m going to show you how you can create something delicious and nutritious in just 10 minutes, starting with my Cheat’s Paella.
Time Saving Cooking Hacks
They key to my 10 minute meals is using frozen basics like onions and garlic. It saves you time peeling and chopping, simply add straight from the freezer to the pan.
In this recipe I’m also using frozen sliced peppers, another game-changer for me!
Leftovers can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or on the hob.
This recipe can also be frozen in a freezer bag or container. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
If you try making my Cheat’s Paella please do leave a comment below and share your pictures with me on on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
You can also watch my video showing my 4 favourite 10 minute meal ideas below.
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out now. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
A tasty Cheat’s Paella ready in just 10 minutes using a few cooking hacks!
- frozen onions (equivalent of 1 medium onion)
- frozen garlic (equivalent of 2 cloves)
- frozen peppers (equivalent of 2 peppers)
- 75g chorizo, chopped
- 100g cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 packs microwave vegetable rice
- 50ml water
- Add the onions, garlic, peppers and chorizo to a large frying pan.
- Stir well and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and paprika and mix well.
- Add the packs of microwave rice and a couple of tablespoons of the water.
- Stir well and cook for about 4 minutes until the rice is piping hot. If needed add more water.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and parsley (optional).
Leftovers can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or on the hob. This recipe can also be frozen in a freezer bag or container. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy: