Whip up a quick and tasty 5 minute meal for the kids! And use just 3 simple ingredients for this Vegetable Rice & Egg Bowl.
We all have those days where it gets to 6pm, the kids are screaming for their dinner and there’s little to eat in the house.
Days like this I’m often tempted to reach for the takeaway menu! But I know that with a little creative thinking there’s sure to be some ingredients to whip up a quick, easy and healthy meal for the little ones.
For the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing four of my go-to recipes for busy mid-week evenings. And today it’s all about these Vegetable Rice and Egg Bowls!
This recipe has just three ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to prepare and cook… it doesn’t get much quicker and easier than that!
It can also all be cooked in one pan, meaning minimal washing up for you!
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below.
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!).
If you try this easy 5 Minute Meal idea, please do let me know what you think!
Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out now. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
Vegetable Rice & Egg Bowl | 5 Minute Meal
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Meal
- Cuisine: European
Whip up a quick and tasty meal for the kids in 5 minutes with just 3 simple ingredients with this Vegetable Rice & Egg Bowl.
- 1 packet of pre-cooked vegetable rice
- 1 cup / 100g chopped frozen vegetables
- 2 eggs
- Heat a little oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add the vegetable rice and frozen vegetables and cook for 3 minutes until warmed through, stirring continuously. Remove the rice and vegetables from the pan into a bowl.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the eggs until cooked through.
- Divide the rice between two bowls and add a fried egg on top.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Kids loved this and I loved how quick it was to put together so thank you!