A super easy and delicious meal ready in less than 15 mins. This Broccoli Mac & Cheese is sure to be a new family favourite!
In my house mid-week meals need to be quick, easy and kid-friendly too. The last thing I want to do at the end of a busy day is to battle with my picky eaters over dinner so I try to make their evening meals as appealing as possible, whilst also being healthy and filling too. And a new favourite of mine is this Stovetop Broccoli Mac & Cheese!
Nothing beats the comforting taste of macaroni cheese. Made with just a few simple ingredients that I always seem to have on hand, it’s so quick to whip up. In my recipe I add some broccoli to make sure that I can get some veggies in. I know broccoli is not the most kid-friendly vegetable but when its mixed in with all that lovely cheesy pasta sauce, my kids are way more likely to eat it! You could also add in other quick-cook veggies such as peas or sweetcorn.
For the delicious creamy sauce I used Clover. Made with buttermilk, it contains absolutely no artificial ingredients and has only half the saturated fat of butter. It adds a really lovely buttery taste to the simple roux without any added nasties, making it the perfect ingredient for a simple family meal like this.
I know the traditional Mac & Cheese is finished off in the oven but my version is just cooked just on the stovetop to keep it as quick and as simple as possible. When you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table you don’t want to be faffing around with an extra cooking step and another dish to wash!
Feeding our families is always such a tricky balance between filling and delicious meals they they will actually eat and recipes that are quick and easy to make when time is short. This Mac & Cheese ticks all those boxes for me and I hope you enjoy it too!
If you’d like to see another super easy Mac & Cheese recipe then check out my Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese UK
A super easy and delicious family meal ready in less than 15 mins. This Broccoli Mac & Cheese is sure to be a new family favourite!
- 300g macaroni or other type of pasta
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta accordingly to the package instructions. 4 minutes before the end add the broccoli florets to the same pot.
- In another large saucepan or pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add in the flour and stir quickly until well combined. Cook this for 1 minute and then whisk in the milk a little at a time.
- Cook this sauce for 3-4 minutes until it has thickened up. Add the dijon mustard and cheese and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add it to the pan with the cheese sauce. Mix well and serve immediately.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST HAS BEEN PUBLISHED IN COLLABORATION WITH CLOVER AND I HAVE BEEN COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME INVOLVED IN THE CAMPAIGN. ALL VIEWS AND OPINIONS ARE HOWEVER MY OWN.