A delicious and healthy snack made with just four simple ingredients. A great alternative to ice cream for kids and perfect for the summer!
About 18 months ago I started experimenting with freezing yogurt and made this recipe for Frozen Yogurt Bark that I’ve been making for my kids ever since. And it seems lots of you guys have been enjoying it too as its been shared over 150,000 on Pinterest…. crazy!
So for this summer I thought it was about time that I tried out some new flavours. Anything chocolate is always a winner in my house and so I’ve come up with a delicious new Chocolate Banana Frozen Yogurt Bark recipe to enjoy as the weather starts to warm up.
This bark is super easy to make with just four natural ingredients. When the kids are shouting for ice creams in the summer it makes a great healthy low sugar alternative. You can add lots more toppings too if you like; some chopped nuts or chocolate chips would be delicious too!
For full ingredients and instructions, check out the video or written recipe below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!).
- 500g / 2 cups full fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- Mix the yogurt, honey and cocoa powder together in a bowl until well combined.
- Chop the banana into round bite sized slices.
- Pour half of the yogurt mixture into a dish lined with parchment paper. Add a layer of banana on top. Spread the remaining yogurt on top and then finish with more banana slices.
- Freeze for 2 to 3 hours or overnight until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into chunks with a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately or put the pieces of bark into a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you like this recipe you may also like: