A delicious and easy Mac & Cheese recipe with hidden courgettes, made in one pot. Perfect for picky eaters who don’t like eating their veggies!
If your kids love plain cheesy pasta but aren’t so keen on veggies, then this is the recipe for you! I’ve created a really easy one pot Mac & Cheese with secret courgette that you can’t see or taste. Perfect for the fussiest of eaters!
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe has fast become one of my favourites and this is why:
1.It’s so easy to make. Everything gets cooked together in one pot which means minimal washing up!
2. It’s super quick, ready in 15 minutes.
3. The ingredients are simple everyday staples like macaroni (or you can use another kind of pasta), milk and cheese.
4. It’s got one portion of veg per serving in the form of grated courgette. The courgette cooks down into the sauce so you can’t see or taste it. Perfect for super fussy kids!
5. This recipe is easy to customise to your liking. Feel free to add in some cooked chicken or ham. You can also change the type of cheese you use or even add in some other veggies too.
I made a video showing what myself and the kids ate on a typical chilled-out Sunday at home, including my quick and easy Mac & Cheese recipe so please do check out that video below. And if you try my recipe let me know what you think!
SIGN UP TO MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER TO GET BRAND NEW RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX!
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign with Arla but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
A delicious Mac & Cheese recipe with hidden courgettes, made in one pot with Arla Organic Free Range Milk
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g macaroni pasta
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 500ml Arla Organic Free Range Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 150g grated cheese
- Prepare the courgettes by removing the green skin with a vegetable peeler and then finely grating them.
- In a large pan on a medium heat, add in the oil and then the onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes until soft but not browned. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add in the macaroni, stock, milk, oregano, dijon mustard and grated courgette. Stir well.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5-7 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Add in the cheese, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately.
If you liked this One Pot Mac & Cheese Recipe you may also enjoy these other quick and easy one pot pasta recipes: