Looking for a delicious and healthy dessert that the whole family can enjoy? Try my gluten free, no bake Chocolate Fruit Pizza!
Healthy and dessert are two words that you probably wouldn’t put together very often but by getting a little creative in the kitchen it is possible to make an after dinner treat that’s delicious and nutritious.
My No Bake Chocolate Fruit Pizza ticks all these boxes. Its so easy to make, no cooking or baking required! It’s super healthy, packed full of protein, fibre and essential fatty acids. It’s gluten and grain free and there is also a dairy free option, so great for families with food intolerances or allergies.
The base is made from almonds, dates and coconut oil which together provide an excellent boost of protein, fibre, calcium, vitamin E, potassium and medium chain triglycerides (i.e. good fatty acids!)
I used used unsweetened cocoa powder to give the base of the fruit pizza a delicious chocolately taste. You could also use raw cacao powder but just be aware that the quantities will probably be a lot less. Everything is blitzed together in a food processor and then pressed into a springform tin or tart dish and placed in the fridge or freezer to set.
The filling is even easier to make. It is simply cream cheese and greek yogurt mixed together and flavoured with a little vanilla extract and orange zest. You can then use whatever fruit you like or whatever is in season to top the pizza. For a dairy free version you can use whipped coconut cream in place of the cream cheese and greek yogurt.
This is also a great recipe to get the kids involved in making. Letting them choose and chop the fruit and decorate the pizza is a sure way to get them excited about their food.
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 15 whole dates (with stones removed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4oz cream cheese
- 3oz greek yogurt
- ½ tsp orange juice
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Fruit topping:
- Strawberries, Kiwi, Clementines, Berries or any fruit or your choice, all chopped.
- First up make the base by blitzing the almonds in a food processor until they have broken down into a fine consistency, almost like almond flour. Add the dates, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue to blitz until the dates have been finely chopped and everything is well combined.
- Press the mixture into a springform tin or tart dish and place in the fridge for an hour to set. If you don't have much time then you can put it in the freezer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese, greek yogurt, orange juice and zest and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Now spread this mixture onto the top of the pizza base and then decorate with the fruit topping of your choice.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a couple of hours until you are ready to eat it!