A quick and easy family dinner recipe; Sausage & Butterbean Casserole cooked on the hob in less than 30 minutes!
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious mid week meal to make for your family? Then look no further because my Sausage & Butterbean Casserole ticks ALL those boxes! I’ve been making this recipe for literally years now so I thought it was high time I actually got around to blogging it!
You guys know by now that I’m all about my speedy dinner recipes and this casserole couldn’t get much quicker or simpler. Everything is cooked on the hob in one pan with ingredients that I always have to hand.
I used pork sausages for this recipe but chicken, turkey or vegetarian sausages all work really well too. The butter beans are a great source of protein and fibre and I add in some sneaky vegetables too with some diced carrots!
For the full recipe check out the video or written recipe below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try the recipe please come back and let me know what you think, I always love to get your feedback.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 sausages (meat or vegetarian)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 400g / 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml / 8oz chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 400g / 14 oz tin butter beans, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or frying pan. Add the sausages and fry gently for 5-6 until they start to brown. Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and carrots and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, paprika and mixed herbs. Stir well before adding the sausages back into the pan.
- Cook on a low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until the beans have warmed through.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or rice.