A delicious and fresh Summer Fruit Cobbler dessert recipe made with summer berries and peaches and Flora Dairy Free Walnut.
When it comes to summer desserts this recipe is the hands down favourite in our family at the moment. You may recall last month that I made a recipe using one of Flora’s new Dairy Free range (this Coconut & Almond Curry) and this month I’ve been trying out the new Flora Dairy Free Walnut in a delicious Summer Fruit Cobbler recipe.
Flora Dairy Free Walnut has a delicious but subtle nutty taste that I thought would be absolutely perfect in the crisp biscuity topping on this cobbler. When combined with walnut pieces in the fruit filling it gives a really tasty twist to this classic dessert.
For the fruit filling I used mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants) and also tinned peaches. It’s a lot more economical to buy these fruits this way and it also means they are available all year long but if you prefer to use fresh then that’s totally fine too!
Flora Dairy Free Walnut is dairy free, making it ideal for families dealing with allergies. If you want to make the recipe completely vegan then you can swap the creme fraiche topping for coconut cream instead.
Flora Dairy Free Walnut is available to buy in Tesco, Ocado, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
And if you have any ideas for using Flora Dairy Free Walnut in other recipes share them in the comments below!Print
A delicious and fresh dairy free cobbler dessert recipe made with summer berries and peaches and Flora Dairy Free Walnut.
For the filling:
- 500g mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants)
- 240g tinned peaches, quartered
- 50ml peach juice (from the tin)
- 50g walnuts, chopped in half or quarters
- juice of ½ orange
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
For the topping:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 150g Flora Dairy Free Walnut (make sure it’s cold from the fridge)
- 40g rolled oats
- 50g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml creme fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add the frozen berries and peach quarters to an oven dish. If the strawberries are quite large you might want to cut them in half. Add the peach juice, walnuts and orange juice and then sprinkle on the caster sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour to a large bowl. Remove the Flora Freedom Walnut from the fridge and cut into 6 or 8 squares in the tub then add to the bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour. It’s fine to still have some lumps.
- Add the oats, sugar and cinnamon and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into approximately 9 clumps and place on top of the fruit in the oven dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with creme fraiche.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time spent working on this campaign with Flora but as always all opinions and views are honest and are my own.