A delicious and fresh dairy free cobbler dessert recipe made with summer berries and peaches and Flora Dairy Free Walnut.
For the filling:
- 500g mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants)
- 240g tinned peaches, quartered
- 50ml peach juice (from the tin)
- 50g walnuts, chopped in half or quarters
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
For the topping:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 150g Flora Dairy Free Walnut (make sure it’s cold from the fridge)
- 40g rolled oats
- 50g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml creme fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add the frozen berries and peach quarters to an oven dish. If the strawberries are quite large you might want to cut them in half. Add the peach juice, walnuts and orange juice and then sprinkle on the caster sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour to a large bowl. Remove the Flora Freedom Walnut from the fridge and cut into 6 or 8 squares in the tub then add to the bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour. It’s fine to still have some lumps.
- Add the oats, sugar and cinnamon and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into approximately 9 clumps and place on top of the fruit in the oven dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with creme fraiche.