A delicious sweet and salty snack of homemade popcorn topped with salted caramel sauce and dark chocolate chips!
Family Friendly Snack
Popcorn is a great family friendly snack and makes a fantastic alternative to over-processed crisps. Unfortunately ready made popcorn is not always the best option as it often contains a crazy amount of salt and many of the butter varieties contain those nasty trans fats.
So it’s homemade all the way! Popcorn is high in fibre and naturally fat free but I pop mine in a little coconut oil for added flavour and its associated benefits.
If you want to keep this snack super healthy then just eat your popcorn plain, but hey, we all need a treat now and then.
And this Salted Caramel & Chocolate version is perfect for Friday night movie night snuggled up on the couch with the kids.
You can use shop bought caramel sauce if you are in a rush but if you have a few minutes to spare then I really urge you to try to make your own.
I have this recipe for refined sugar free caramel sauce which I use in a bunch of different things. I always seem to have a jar in the fridge ready to add to brownies, nana ice cream or now popcorn!
That’s our Friday night snack sorted! Hope you enjoy!
If you liked my Salted Caramel Chocolate Popcorn recipe, then please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
How To Make Ice Cream In A Bag – Instant Ice Cream In A Bag! Make your own homemade ice cream in just 15 minutes. No fancy equipment needed, just a few simple ingredients and two plastic bags.
Chocolate Toffee Apple Slices – A whole toffee apple can be too much for small children to eat. Try these Chocolate Toffee Apple Slices instead. Easier to eat and much less waste!Print
A delicious sweet snack of homemade popcorn topped with salted caramel sauce and dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 75g / ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 100ml caramel sauce (shop bought or homemade)
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Add the oil and popcorn kernals to a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Cover with a lid and leave on the hob until the popcorn starts to pop. To avoid burning your popcorn remove the saucepan from the heat when the pops reduce to approximately one every couple of seconds.
- Once the popping has stopped completely remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a large bowl, leaving any unpopped kernals in the saucepan. Add the caramel sauce and dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Serve immediately. The popcorn will keep for 24 hours in an airtight container.