A delicious sweet snack of homemade popcorn topped with salted caramel sauce and dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 75g / 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 100ml caramel sauce (shop bought or homemade)
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Add the oil and popcorn kernals to a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Cover with a lid and leave on the hob until the popcorn starts to pop. To avoid burning your popcorn remove the saucepan from the heat when the pops reduce to approximately one every couple of seconds.
- Once the popping has stopped completely remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a large bowl, leaving any unpopped kernals in the saucepan. Add the caramel sauce and dark chocolate chips and mix well.
- Serve immediately. The popcorn will keep for 24 hours in an airtight container.