A sticky, sweet and indulgent salted caramel sauce made with coconut sugar and coconut milk.
Discovering clean eating has quite literally been life changing for me. Gone are the gluten induced stomach cramps and sugar induced cravings and crashing.
It has opened myself and my family up to a whole different way of eating with some ingredients which we didn’t even know existed!
However (there had to be a but didn’t there!) after several months of eating this way my sweet tooth reappeared and I really began missing desserts and treats.
Although grabbing a handful of nuts or a square of dark chocolate after dinner is now the norm rather than biscuits or crisps, we all still need the odd indulgent sinful snack from time to time.
Salted Caramel Sauce
Enter this Salted Caramel Sauce and all is right with the world again.
Salted caramel has been a favorite of mine for years now! Whether it’s salted caramel cookies, salted caramel cake, brownies, biscuits…you name it, I’ll eat it!
When I realised that I could make a caramel sauce with no dairy and no refined sugar I nearly self-combusted with delight!
This sauce is made using coconut sugar rather than refined white or brown sugar. Now although coconut sugar is “healthier” than normal sugar it is still high in calories with little nutritional benefit.
I wouldn’t have it every day but do use it occasionally for a sweet treat or in a dessert if we have people round for dinner.
And with Christmas just around the corner I do have some special recipes coming up where I plan to use my salted caramel sauce. Look out for the first one later this week!
Do you have any favourite “clean” or paleo desserts? I’d love to try out some new recipes so do let me know!
If you liked my salted caramel sauce recipe, please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!Print
A sticky, sweet and indulgent salted caramel sauce made with coconut sugar and coconut milk
- 7 tbsp coconut sugar
- 7 tbsp cold water
- 120ml coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the coconut sugar and water in a pan over a medium heat. Stir gently until the sugar has dissolved and let it bubble for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and keep stirring until it has fully combined. Turn down the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes until it has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and salt and stir well. Pour the sauce into a bowl or jar and allow to cool. The mixture may thicken a little more once it cools.
- Store in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
* DISCLOSURE: MY FUSSY EATER IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my Healthy Coconut & Banana Christmas Fudge