Grandpa Pig’s easy and tasty Tomato Frittata Fingers made with delicious tomatoes from Peppa’s Vegetable Garden (Sponsored Post)
Last week I posted a recipe for delicious No Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites inspired by the newly released Peppa’s Vegetable Garden. This week I’m continuing the veggie theme with Grandpa Pig’s Tomato Frittata Fingers.
If you struggle to get your kids to eat their veggies then this book, aimed at children aged 2-6, is a great way to discuss the benefits of eating fresh veggies. Peppa and George have lots of fun helping Grandpa Pig plant seeds and watch their vegetable garden grow.
Inspired by this story I made these really tasty Tomato Frittata Fingers which are perfect to whip up for lunch at home.
These frittata fingers are packed, not only with cherry tomatoes, but also peas and peppers. Eggs are a really nutritious source of protein, making a healthy and delicious lunch for the whole family.
If you want to make these frittata fingers ahead of time, they can be cooled and then kept covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can then reheat in the microwave or pop into a lunch box for lunch at school or work.
If you try this recipe yourself please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I’d love to see your pictures and hearing your comments about the recipes!
Peppa’s Vegetable Garden is available to buy in supermarkets, bookshops and online – http://amzn.to/2FqpWxO
You can also download Peppa Pig: Trying New Things activity sheet to complete with the kids here – http://www.peppapig.co.uk/grown-ups/downloads
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
Grandpa Pig’s easy and tasty Tomato Frittata Fingers made with delicious tomatoes from Peppa Pig’s Vegetable Garden
- 4 large eggs
- 50g grated cheese
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 50g frozen peas
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp dried herbs
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line an 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper.
- Crack the eggs into a jug and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add the grated cheese and flour and mix again.
- Add the frozen peas, red pepper and herbs and mix one last time.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the cherry tomatoes on top, lightly pressing down into the frittata.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before lifting the frittata out by the parchment paper and then cutting into six fingers.