Delicious, healthy, no bake Chocolate Orange Energy Bites. A super easy gluten free snack the whole family will love!
If there’s one snack I always try to have on hand in my house it’s Energy Bites. Packed full of slow releasing carbs and protein, these little bites make a really delicious and healthy snack for kids which help to fuel their busy days and keep them full until their next meal.
My standard energy bite contains rolled oats, nut butter, honey and shredded coconut and to that I add lots of different ingredients and flavours.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for this Chocolate Orange version that is sure to go down a treat with the whole family!
As well as a great snack for kids, these Energy Bites are perfect for adults too. You can pop them into your gym bag for a post-workout snack or even grab a couple for a on-the-go breakfast on busy mornings.
Compared to the energy balls you buy in health food stores, these homemade variety are much cheaper to make. I buy ingredients such as oats, nut butter and honey in bulk.
They keep really well in the store cupboard, meaning you can make hundreds of these little bites over the course of a few months for a fraction of the cost of the store bought ones.
If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!Print
Delicious, healthy. no bake Chocolate Orange Energy Bites. A super easy gluten free snack the whole family will love!
- 100g / 1 cup rolled oats
- 100g / 1/2 cup peanut butter (or another nut butter)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- 2 squares of semi sweet chocolate
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate into a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 10 equal sized balls and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the energy bites. Return them to the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
- Eat straight away or keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you liked this recipe you may also like: