These delicious Cauliflower Cheese Quinoa Bites make an easy and healthy savoury snack!
It’s the first Monday after Christmas and New Year and it seems like the whole world is back on the healthy eating wagon. My jeans are definitely a lot tighter after the festivities and the kids have eaten their weight in chocolate. It’s time to fill the house with unprocessed whole foods again!
So today I am starting as I mean to go on with these super healthy Cauliflower Cheese Quinoa Bites. Tasty and filling these super little bites of goodness make the perfect afternoon snack for adults and kids alike.
Quinoa is a “complete” protein source, meaning that it provides the majority of the essential amino acids our bodies need. It is also an excellent source of fibre and iron and is gluten free. The combination of protein from the quinoa and eggs and fat from the cheese will satisfy even the hungriest of kids, keeping them full until dinnertime.
In my recipe I blitz the cauliflower in the food processor for two reasons. Firstly, it breaks the cauliflower down into tiny little pieces meaning it doesn’t have to be cooked before baking the bites in the oven, saving time and energy. Secondly, large chunks of cauliflower can often be off-putting to little taste buds. Your kids may not even realise there is any cauliflower in these snacks!Print
These delicious Cauliflower Cheese Quinoa Bites make an easy and healthy savoury snack
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 150g / 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 50g / 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- oil spray or butter to grease the tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and place in a food processor. Blitz until the cauliflower reaches a rice like consistency. Alternatively you can grate the cauliflower to achieve the same result.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a bowl with all the other ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Spray a little oil or rub a little butter into each hole of a 12 hole cupcake tray. Place a large spoonful of the mixture into each hole, flatten down and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the quinoa bites to cool a little and firm up before you attempt to remove them from the tray.