Have you tried Cauliflower Rice yet? Its a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your children’s diet. Here’s how I prepare, cook and store it at home.
Cauliflower Rice has exploded in popularity in recent years. It’s been particularly popular with people following a paleo or low carb diet but even for families following a regular balanced diet, Cauliflower Rice can be a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your kids’ meals!
Cauliflower Rice is super easy to make. I like to make a really big batch using an extra large cauliflfower and then I store it in the fridge and freezer to use when I’m in a hurry. I love eating it on its own but for my kids, I mix this Cauliflower Rice into a portion of regular rice and they are none the wiser!
For full ingredients and instructions, check out the video or written recipe below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my You Tube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!).
And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I’d love to see your pictures!Print
Have you tried Cauliflower Rice yet? Its a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your children’s diet. Here’s how I prepare, cook and store it at home!
- 1 cauliflower (any size is fine)
- Remove the stalks and leaves from the cauliflower and cut it roughly into florets. Pop them into a colander and rinse under running water.
- Place the florets in a food processor and blitz. You may need to do this in batches depending on how large your cauliflower is.
- You will need to blitz until the cauliflower gets to a rice-like consistency but be careful not to over-blend it.
- You can either cook the cauliflower rice straight away or pop it into ziplock bags to store in the fridge (for 3 to 4 days) or the freezer (for up to 6 months).
- There are two methods to cook the rice. The first involves the microwave. Spoon some of the rice into a bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and pierce with a knife. Cook on high in the microwave for approx 3 minutes.
- The other method is to put some of the rice in a frying pan with a little oil. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.