This quick and easy berry pavlova is the perfect summer dessert and can be whipped up in just a few minutes!
So when I saw this Cheat’s Layered Pavlova recipe by the lovely Sarah from Taming Twins I knew I had to save it for one of those panic dessert moments. This weekend we had friends over for lunch and it was the perfect opportunity to give it a whirl.
The beauty of this dessert is how quickly it can be thrown together. I didn’t have time to make pudding before my guests arrived but I was able to whip this up in 5 minutes after lunch. Now that’s my kind of dessert, no hours slaving away in the kitchen!
I altered the recipe slightly as I also wanted to use up some blueberries that were in my fridge. I also used less cream than Sarah’s recipe. This wasn’t a conscious decision but rather because I accidentally bought a small tub (whoops!). So feel free to use more cream if you wish. I also added a splash of vanilla extract to the cream as personally I just love the flavour.
If you are looking for some more showstopper desserts then head on over to Sarah’s blog and check out her recipes. She really is the queen of incredible cakes. Check out this Ultimate Snickers Layer Cake. Drool!!!!
- 2 pre-made pavlova bases
- 300ml / 1¼ cups whipping cream
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp berry coulis or sauce
- 2 - 3 cups summer berries (I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- optional: mint leaves to decorate
- Remove the pavloa bases from their packages.
- Whip the cream with either a hand mixer or a whisk until it forms soft peaks but be careful not to over-whip it. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix them in quickly with a spoon.
- Place one of the pavlova bases on a cake stand or plate and spoon on half the cream. Spread the cream around the pavlova base until it reaches about 1cm from the edges. Drizzle on 1 tbsp of berry coulis or sauce.
- Place the second pavlova base on top and repeat with the rest of the cream. Pile the mixed berries on top and drizzle on the remaining coulis or sauce.
- Optional: decorate with mint leaves. Serve immediately.