A delicious no-bake Easter delicious made with cornflakes, chocolate and peanut butter and topped with Mini Eggs and Smartie Eggs!
I couldn’t let Easter come and go without making at least one chocolate treat for the kids! I usually make Rice Krispie nests but I had run out of both Rice Krispies and paper cases this year so instead improvised with what ingredients I had and came up with this Easter Cornflake Crunch!
This is a really easy dessert to make. It’s no bake, so perfect for getting the kids involved in helping in the kitchen over the holidays. It’s not just for kids though, I’ve served this to both adults and kids alike and everyone loves it!
The base of the dessert is made by melting chocolate with peanut butter, honey and butter and then mixing it with cornflakes. I used milk chocolate which made it super sweet but you can also use dark chocolate or even a mixture of both.
For the toppings I used both Mini Eggs and Smartie Eggs, some crushed and some whole and then finished it off with some pastel sprinkles.
For the full recipe have a look at the video below and I also have the instructions written out at the bottom of the post. If you make this Easter Cornflake Crunch yourself this weekend please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I always love seeing your pictures!
- 200g chocolate (milk or dark)
- 125g peanut butter
- 75g honey
- 50g butter
- 100g cornflakes
- To Top:
- 75g chocolate, melted
- 125g mini eggs and smartie eggs
- Add the chocolate, peanut butter, honey and butter to a pan over a medium heat and cook until all the ingredients have melted, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add the cornflakes to a large bowl and pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Stir well.
- Line a large baking dish with parchment paper and press the cornflake mixture into it. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the cornflake mixture and decorate with the eggs and sprinkles. Return to the fridge for another hour to set completely.
- Remove and cut into 12 squares.
- The dessert will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.