These Cheesy Puff Pastry Stars make a super easy appetizer for Christmas parties and a great festive snack for kids too!
If you are entertaining over the festive season then I’ve got the perfect Christmas snack for you! So easy to make with just three ingredients both adults and kids will love these Cheesy Puff Pastry Stars.
I used shop bought puff pastry to make these stars but you can of course make your own too. I’ve kept the flavour simple with just some cheddar cheese but you could also add a sprinkling of dried herbs or paprika for a little kick.
These stars taste delicious fresh from the oven but you can also make them ahead. Just be sure to keep them in an airtight container to stop the pastry from getting soft.
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out individual pastry pieces and place them on the baking sheet. Using the egg, apply a thin layer of egg wash to the top of each pasty star and then top with a little cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the stars are golden.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.