A quick and easy Christmas Leftovers salad with kale made from leftover Christmas turkey, ham and vegetables.
Earlier I posted this Bubble & Squeak Fritters recipe, guaranteed to go down a storm with the kids.
My next recipe is more for the grown ups, unless you have any kale loving children in your house!
If you liked this Christmas Leftovers Salad, please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out now. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
Christmas Leftovers Salad
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Meal
- Cuisine: British
A quick and easy kale salad made from leftover Christmas turkey, ham and vegetables
- 4 cups Christmas dinner leftovers – turkey, ham, vegetables, etc
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200g kale
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp honey
- ½ tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the Christmas leftovers and dried cranberries in a frying pan with a small amount of oil or butter and the honey and fry gently over a medium heat, stirring regularly until it has all warmed through.
- Place the kale in a bowl or onto a salad plate and add with the warm leftovers. Top with pomegranate seeds and chopped hazelnuts.
- Make the dressing by pouring all the ingredients into a jar with a lid. Shake vigorously until they have all combined.
- Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like my Leftover Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Pie
Perfect boxing day recipe. Love the pomegranate in it which I’ll bet adds a real freshness. Can’t wait to try this on the days after Christmas.
Love the idea of this. Will be trying at Christmas for sure.
Fiver Feeds says
Who says after-Christmas dinner can’t be better than the one on Christmas? It definitely can, great recipe, I’m thrilled!
Ciara Attwell says
Thank you so much!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I don’t have any Christmas leftovers, but I definitely will be getting the ingredients to make this salad. It looks so incredibly delicious!
Ciara Attwell says
Thank you Thalia!