These Cheesy Puff Pastry Stars make a super easy appetizer for Christmas parties and a great festive snack for kids too!
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out individual pastry pieces and place them on the baking sheet. Using the egg, apply a thin layer of egg wash to the top of each pasty star and then top with a little cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the stars are golden.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.