A delicious and warming Mexican Pork Soup, made with leftovers and cooked in just minutes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tinned tomatoes
- 800ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g chopped cooked pork
- 1 tin (400g) cooked kidney beans, drained
- 130g frozen chopped vegetables
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
To serve: grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and the spices and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to blitz the soup to make it smooth.
- Add in the cooked pork, kidney beans, frozen vegetables and red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips for dipping.