A delicious and nutritious recipe for King Prawns in Pistachio Butter made with Marks & Spencer Kitchenware
As parents we spend most of our time worrying whether the kids are eating well and little time thinking about what we would actually like to eat. I usually make one family meal that we all can eat five out of seven evenings a week. The other two days myself and my husband will eat something different to the kids, something more grown up and adult!
So when Marks & Spencer got in touch to see if I wanted to take part in their “Real 30 Minute Meals” campaign I was keen to give it a go. I know that recipes that claim to be “only 30 minutes” or “less than 15 minutes” can be a real bug bear for lots of us when it actually takes double that time to make the dish when you include all the prep.
M&S understand that life is busy and your time is precious and that having quality and easy to use kitchenware can make a huge difference in getting delicious meals on the table fast.
M&S sent me a range of their cookware to try out, along with this delicious recipe for King Prawns in Pistachio Butter. The recipes sounded absolutely delicious and exactly the kind of thing that would be perfect for an adults only dinner!
The kitchenware included:
- Rustic Chopping Board
- 25cm Frying Pan
- Easy Pull Food Processor
- Lemon Juicer
- Long Fine Grater
- Painted Wooden Spoon
- Stainless Steel Turner
- Dinner Plates
The Easy Pull Food Processor is without doubt my new favourite kitchen gadget. It’s basically a mini food processor that works on a pull string so no electricity needed! It’s also super easy to clean and easy to store away in the cupboard because it’s so small.
Here’s exactly how I made the King Prawns in Pistachio Butter:
The pistachios, garlic and coriander seeds and blitzed together in the mini food processor.
You add butter, parsley, lemon juice and zest and a dash of white wine to create a delicious green butter.
The butter is heated and melted in the frying pan. The smell when you do this is just incredible!
Once the butter has melted, add some king prawns and cook for a few minutes.
Whilst the prawns are cooking pop a pouch of microwave rice into the microwave to cook.
And that’s it! You have a delicious and nutritious meal ready to serve up in less than 30 minutes on this very stylish Tribeca Dinner Plate.
If you try this recipe and any of the M&S Kitchenware out for yourself then please do share your pictures with me on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
Original recipe created by M&S and Rosie Birkett.
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign with M&S but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
A delicious and nutritious recipe for King Prawn in Pistachio Butter made with Marks & Spencer Kitchenware
- 50g shelled pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 60g butter
- 25g flat leaf parsley
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 more as garnish
- 1 tbsp white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack king prawns
- 1 microwave rice pouch
- 30g watercress or other salad leaves
- Place the pistachios, garlic and coriander seeds into the chopper and blitz to a coarse crumb.
- Add the butter, parsley, lemon juice and zest and white wine and blitz again until it all comes together into a green butter. Season to taste.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Once melted, add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes until they are all cooked through. If you need to, add a splash of water to the pan to loosen it up.
- Meanwhile cook the microwave rice pouch according to the package instructions.
- Divide the rice between two plates, top with the prawns and serve with a large helping of watercress or other salad and a squeeze of lemon juice on top.