Delicious crispy baked salmon nuggets made using fresh salmon fillets
Salmon is one of those foods that I am always trying to get my kids to eat. It is a really great source protein for growing bodies, not to mention an excellent way to get essential Omega-3 fatty acids into them. It’s no wonder salmon is known as brain food!
That all being said, its not always easy to get our little ones to eat salmon but I’m going to share today my fool-proof recipe that will have the whole family begging you to make this time and time again! I use fresh Norwegian salmon fillets, chopped into chunks to make these delicious Salmon Nuggets. They are made super crispy by using panko breadcrumbs but are kept really healthy by baking them.
This recipe is also really easy to make. It literally takes 5 minutes to prep the nuggets and just 12 minutes to bake in the oven. I usually chop some baby potatoes into wedges and chuck them into the oven at the same time to cook. So simple! You can also get the kids involved in making them. My daughter loves to help me and its great to see her get enthusiastic about her food!
For the full recipe check out the video or written instructions below (and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date on all my videos!). And if you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myfussyeater. I love seeing all your pictures!Print
Delicious crispy baked salmon nuggets made using fresh salmon fillets.
- 2 Norwegian Salmon fillets
- 40g / 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 40g / 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and chop them into bite sized chunks.
- In one bowl add the flour. In a second bowl crack in the eggs and whisk with a fork. In a third bowl add the panko breadcumbs and mix in the dried herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the nuggets by taking one chunk of salmon, coating it in the flour, dip it in the egg and then sprinkle on the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the nuggets have been made.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and place the nuggets onto it. Bake in the oven at 220c for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
If you want to batch cook and freeze these nuggets it’s best to freeze after making them but before cooking. After step 3 add the nuggets to a tray or plate in a single layer. Freeze for a couple of hours then transfer to a bag or container for up to 2 months.
To cook, simply cook as per the instructions above, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.