Delicious crispy baked salmon nuggets made using fresh salmon fillets.
- 2 Norwegian Salmon fillets
- 40g / 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 40g / 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and chop them into bite sized chunks.
- In one bowl add the flour. In a second bowl crack in the eggs and whisk with a fork. In a third bowl add the panko breadcumbs and mix in the dried herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the nuggets by taking one chunk of salmon, coating it in the flour, dip it in the egg and then sprinkle on the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the nuggets have been made.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and place the nuggets onto it. Bake in the oven at 220c for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
If you want to batch cook and freeze these nuggets it’s best to freeze after making them but before cooking. After step 3 add the nuggets to a tray or plate in a single layer. Freeze for a couple of hours then transfer to a bag or container for up to 2 months.
To cook, simply cook as per the instructions above, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.