Kids will love making their own Breakfast Pots with yogurt, fruit and oats. A delicious and healthy breakfast!
Do you ever get stuck in a breakfast rut? Now that my daughter has started school, mornings have become a bit hectic. It’s easy to fall into the habit of serving up the same thing every morning but I’m determined to keep some variety in our breakfasts and get the kids trying new ingredients and flavours.
With the weather being so mild for this time of year we’re still eating yogurt for breakfast. I love this combination of yogurt, fruit and oats. Its so easy to throw together on busy mornings and kids enjoy getting involved too.
I use full fat greek yogurt as the fat and protein in the greek yogurt, combined with the slow-releasing carbs in the oats help to keep kids full until lunchtime.
- 300g / 2 cups plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- handful of blueberries
- chopped fruit of your choice
- dessicated coconut to decorate
- Add half the oats to the bottom of a glass or jar and spoon the yogurt on top. Push a few whole blueberries into the yogurt to create the polka dot effect.
- Add another layer of oats and top with chopped fruit.
- Decorate with desiccated coconut.
- Serve immediately.