Strawberry Milk is so easy to make at home and much healthier too. The kids will love this!
My kids (and my husband too believe it or not!) are big lovers of flavoured milk. Chocolate milk was their favourite for months but lately they all seem to be loving strawberry milk too. As drinks go, it’s not the most unhealthiest thing ever to buy cartons of ready-made strawberry milk but I do think that most of the added sugar is entirely unnecessary.
So I set out to make my own at home and I wanted to share it with you as it really is super easy. I used just three ingredients; fresh strawberries, honey and water to make a simple strawberry syrup which can then be stored in the fridge and mixed with milk in an instant.
My syrup still had a few small little bits of seeds after I blitzed it in the blender so if you want it to be completely smooth I would suggest pushing it through a fine sieve aswell to remove any leftover bits of seeds that the kids may not like.
And if you can’t get fresh strawberries where you live at this time of year then frozen is totally fine too!
- 500g / 1lb strawberries (stalks cut off and roughly chopped)
- 100ml / 3.5 fl oz cold water
- 2 tbsp honey
- Add the strawberries and water to a saucepan and cook until the water starts to boil. Use a potato mash to press down on the strawberries and mash them into the liquid.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, add the honey and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blitz until smooth. At this stage you can also push the syrup through a fine syrup to remove any remaining bits of seeds.
- Allow to cool before mixing 1 tbsp of the syrup with a glass of milk.
If you liked this recipe you might also like my recipe for Chocolate Milk Ice Cubes