Chocolate Milk Ice Cubes; A healthy and fun way to make chocolate milk!
So instead I decided to make these Chocolate Milk Ice Cubes. By heating the milk and cocoa powder everything gets combined together nicely and of course by freezing it you ensure a lovely cold glass of chocolate milk. It also means that you can batch make the ice cubes so that you have them on hand to pop into a glass of milk. Instant cold chocolate milk…yum!
Do you think your kids would enjoy the novelty of this chocolate milk?
ORDER my new book THE FUSS-FREE FAMILY COOKBOOK out now. 100 healthy easy and quick recipes that the whole family will enjoy!Print
A healthy and fun way to make chocolate milk!
- 300ml / 1.5 cups milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat gently until everything has combined, stirring regularly.
- Allow the chocolate milk to cool slightly before pouring it into an ice cube tray. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until all the cubes have frozen through.
- To make chocolate milk simply add 2 or 3 cubes to a glass of cold milk and stir until they have melted