Serve up this delicious healthy and fun Cheese, Veggie & Green Olive Hummus wrap for kids and watch them have a giggle with their lunch!
Making food that’s not only fun and appealing to kids but nutritionally balanced too can be very hard work. So I’ve teamed up with Fragata to bring you a series of healthy snack and meal ideas to serve to kids using their fantastic range of olives.*
Olives are very much a marmite ingredient for kids…. they either love them or hate them! I really wished my fussy eater loved olives as they make such a brilliant and healthy snack or ingredient for so many dishes. They’re filled with vitamins and anti-oxidants that help to protect cells against diseases and work to keep your child healthy and happy.
For very young children, Fragata recommend rinsing some of the salty brine off the olive first, chopping them up and offering them as a snack.
For those olive haters out there like my fussy eater I’ve come up with a really fun lunch recipe to gently introduce them to the flavour of olives. I used Fragata’s Lemon & Garlic Halkidiki Olives to make a Green Olive Hummus which I then spread inside a wrap with cheese and lettuce.
I then used some Fragata Pitted Black Olives and other veggies to make a fun face and spiralized hair!
*This is a post sponsored by Fragata but all views, opinions and recipes are my own.
- Green Olive Hummus:
- 1 can (240g drained weight) chickpeas
- 100g Fragata Lemon & Garlic Halkidiki Olives
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese & Veggie Wraps:
- Round tortilla or sandwich wraps
- Thinly sliced cheese
- Spiralized carrot
- Sliced radishes
- Sliced Fragata Black Olives
- Cherry tomato
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Firstly make the green olive hummus by placing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitzing until well combined. If the mixture is a little too thick add some water to loosen it.
- Spread some hummus on the inside of the wrap and place a large slice of cheese and some lettuce on top. Fold both sides of the wrap until they meet at the front and place on a plate. Secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Use the remaining veggies to decorate the wrap. Add the spiralized carrot for the hair and use the sliced radishes and black olives to make eyes. Half a cherry tomato to make the nose and use a very thin slice of cucumber to make the mouth.
- Remove the toothpick and the wrap should stay in place.
- Serve immediately with some crudites and the remaining Green Olive Hummus.