Make this super cute and really easy Valentine’s Day inspired packed lunch for your kids. It’s tasty, healthy and is sure to put a big smile on your little munchkin’s face this Valentine’s Day!
So it is of course Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Myself and my husband don’t really celebrate it – we’re lucky if we remember our Anniversary, let alone Valentine’s but I always think its a great way to share your love for your children and of course get them involved in some fun themed food!
So this Valentine’s Day I’ve made this super cute packed lunch, perfect for your little ones who are heading off to school for the day, or even to take out and about with younger kids.
The lunch is pretty simple and really easy to make. The sandwich is a cheese sandwich but you can of course make any kind of sandwich your kids like – ham, chicken or even something more adventurous like hummus and salad.
Along with the salad I’ve included some veggies, a babybel, popcorn with freeze-dried raspberries sprinkled on top and also some chopped mixed berries.
If you are making this lunch in advance and are worried about the berries soaking into the bread, simply wrap the sandwich in cling film and that will keep it safe!
For the full recipe check out the video and written instructions below. If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think. Or tag me in a picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I always love seeing your pictures of my recipes and hearing how they went down with your family!
Make this super cute and really easy Valentine’s Day inspired packed lunch for your kids
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 large slice of cheese
- 2 slices of cucumber
- red pepper
- freeze dried raspberries
- mixed berries – strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Spread some butter onto each of the slices of bread and lay the cheese in the middle. Use a large heart shaped cutter to cut into the sandwich.
- Use a small heart shaped cutter and press into the slices of cucumber and remove the middle. Use the same cutter to cut into the red pepper and place the red pepper hearts inside the slices of cucumber.
- Use the same cutter to remove a heart shaped piece of the wax from the babybel cheese. This is totally optional but you can place the removed piece of wax on top of the sandwich for decoration.
- Add some freeze dried raspberries to the popcorn and then surround the sandwich with chopped fruit.
- Serve immediately or put the lid on the lunch box to eat later.