Delicious baked chicken meatballs flavoured with sweet chilli, soya sauce and lime juice and served with noodles and vegetables.
Asian food is without doubt my favourite type of food. Fried rice, stir fried noodles, gyoza, sushi… give it all to me! My kids on the other hand aren’t fans of such big and bold flavours but as they’re getting a little older (they’re 9 and 5 now) I’m trying to slowly expand their palates a little!
Meatballs are always a hit so I decided to make some Thai inspired sweet chilli chicken meatballs and serve them with egg noodles and veggies.
The first step is to make the meatballs. I blitzed chicken breasts in a food processor to make chicken mince but you can also buy it. Some supermarkets sell it and your local butcher should be able to make some for you too.
I added the chicken to a bowl with dried breadcrumbs, egg, chopped spring onions and sweet chilli sauce.
I formed the mixture into 16 meatballs and baked them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Whilst the meatballs were cooking I mixed up some more sweet chilli sauce with soy sauce and lime juice and pouted this over the meatballs for the final few minutes of cooking.
The final step is to cook up some dried egg noodles with some quick cook vegetables like baby corn, mangetout and peppers.
Then serve up and enjoy! I added some sesame seeds and fresh coriander to garnish but this is totally optional. This is perfect all mixed up in a big bowl but can also easily be divided up into a compartment plate for more fussy eaters.
1. I used chicken mince in my recipe but pork mince would work really well too.
2. Sweet chilli sauce can be spicy so feel free to use less than what I have recommended in the recipe. Also if you know of any super milk sweet chilli sauces that you can buy let me know! You can of course make your own too.
3. I used dried egg noodles as that’s what I had at home. But the instant straight-to-wok noodles will work too, along with any kind of vegetables that cook relatively quickly.
If you try my Sweet Chilli Chicken Meatball recipe please do leave me a comment and a star rating below. You can also share your pictures with me on on Instagram. I always love to see your creations!
SIGN UP TO MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER TO GET BRAND NEW RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX!Print
Delicious baked chicken meatballs flavoured with sweet chill, soya sauce and lime juice and served with noodles and vegetables
- 370g chicken breasts
- 40g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
Noodles & Veg:
- 200g dried egg noodles
- 120g baby corned, halved
- 60g mangetout
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Blitz the chicken breasts in a food processor until they reach a mince-like consistency.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg, spring onions and sweet chilli sauce.
- Roll the mixture into 16 meatballs and place into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime make the sauce by mixing together the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the meatballs and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and veggies to a pan of boiling water, bring the boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Serve up the meatballs on a bed of noodle and veg. Add a sprinkling of sesame seeds and fresh coriander if you wish.
These meatballs will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. They can also be frozen once cooked. To defrost leave in the fridge overnight.