Free up some space in your cooker this Christmas by cooking your Brussels Sprouts in the slow cooker or crockpot. They can be cooked from frozen too!
Brussels Sprouts… love them or hate them they’re too much of a tradition not to add to your Christmas Day feast! Personally I love Brussels Sprouts but they have to be cooked well, no soggy sprouts please!
There’s lots of really great Brussels Sprouts recipes out there – from boiling and steaming, to frying and roasting. But this year I’m going to make mine in the slow cooker for the easiest and tastiest recipe ever!
I used frozen Brussels Sprouts in my recipe for a few reasons. Firstly they are pre-cleaned and the tough stalk end has been chopped off. They are also really cheap to buy (I bought this 1kg bag in Aldi for £1) and you can buy them way in advance of Christmas and just store in the your freezer.
I like these particular sprouts as they are quite small, more bite-sized than your normal sprouts. It means that they cook a bit quicker too but this recipe will work just as well with larger sprouts.
To flavour the sprouts I add a little olive oil and season them with salt and pepper while cooking. I then add a few dried cranberries at the end for a delicious burst of sweetness. If you don’t like cranberries then some crispy fried bacon bits would be delicious too!
SIGN UP TO MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER TO GET BRAND NEW RECIPES DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX!Print
Free up some space on your cooker this Christmas by cooking your Brussels Sprouts in the slow cooker or crockpot. They can be cooked from frozen too!
- 1 kg fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- Add the brussels sprouts and olive oil to the slow cooker. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the sprouts, stirring a couple of times.
- Once they are tender enough to stick a knife through and cooked completely, mix in the dried cranberries.
- Serve immediately or keep in the slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting until ready to serve.