Make this Wagamama favourite at home. Chicken Katsu Curry, super mild and suitable for kids!
- For the chicken:
- 375g mini chicken fillets
- 25g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g dried breadcrumbs
- For the katsu curry sauce:
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour in a bowl, the egg in another bowl and the breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat each of the mini chicken fillets in the flour, dip in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place each of the chicken pieces on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan fry the onions in a little oil until soft. Add the garlic, curry powder and flour. Stir well and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the honey and soy sauce and mix until well combined. Slowly pour in the stock, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 10 minutes before blitzing with a stick blender or in a stand blender until smooth. If the sauce seems a little thick you can add more stock.
- Serve with rice and vegetables such as cucumber, carrots and sweetcorn.