Waffle makers are so versatile and you can cook so many recipes in them other than traditional waffles. Try this Waffle Omelette for a simple but tasty lunch for the kids!
- 2 medium eggs
- 40g cherry tomatoes
- 15g yellow pepper
- 15g ham
- 25g grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- spray oil
- Crack the eggs and add them to a jug.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, pepper and ham into small pieces and add to the eggs along with the grated cheese.
- Mix well with a fork and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Preheat the waffle iron. When it’s ready spray some oil on the top and bottom of the iron.
- Add the omelette mixture and close.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with chopped veggies for a quick and easy lunch.
This recipe will serve 2 if serving to young children or 1 if serving to an older child or adult.
The omelette is best eaten immediately after cooking although it will keep in the fridge for 24 hours and can be reheated.