A simple but delicious pasta sauce made with tinned tomatoes, oregano and mascarpone. Perfect for a quick and easy mid-week family meal
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 350g pasta
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and dried basil to a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the pasta according to the package instructions in another saucepan.
- Once the sauce is ready, remove from the heat and mix in the mascarpone cheese until completely melted.
- Drain the pasta and mix in with the tomato and mascarpone sauce.
- Serve immediately.