Fragrant Thai Carrot & Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 4 medium or 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 topped and tailed stick of celery, chopped
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube, plus 350ml hot water
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp single cream
- 1.5 tsp cornflour
- Add the oil to a pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and Thai paste and fry gently until the onions are soft and brown in colour.
- Add the carrots and celery and continue to fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the hot water and then add it to the pan.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Take the soup of the heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut cream, single cream and cornflour and stir through.
- Return the pan to the heat for another 2 minutes before serving.