Delicious, super easy to make and refined sugar free, kids will love this healthier Strawberry & Peach Chia Seed Jam recipe!
- 300g / 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 peaches (fresh or canned)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Chop the fruit into bite sized pieces. If you are using frozen strawberries allow them to defrost slightly to make this easier. Transfer the fruit to a large saucepan on the hob.
- On a medium heat cook the fruit for 4-5 minutes until its soft and starting to break down. If necessary, add a little water to help it break down.
- Add the honey and then either mash the fruit with a potato masher or blitz with a hand blender. Take the saucepan off the heat an allow the fruit to cool a little before stirring in the chia seeds.
- Transfer the jam into jars. Cool completely before putting in the fridge for 1 hour.
- The jam will keep in an airtight jar in the fridge for 5 days.