Delicious savoury muffins packed full of vegetables like spinach and peppers; perfect for a family lunch or a kids afternoon snack!
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml / 1/2 cup milk
- 75g / 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 150g / 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 75g / 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 250g / 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (can use low or no sodium stock cube)
- salt and pepper to taste (but can be left out)
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Gently whisk the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the grated cheese, spring onion, baby spinach and diced pepper.
- Finally, add in the flour, salt and pepper (if using) and crumble in the stock cube and mix just enough until all the ingredients have combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through (a skewer stuck into the middle should come out dry).
- These muffins can be frozen once they have cooled completely. To defrost simply leave out for a few hours or overnight.
Suitable from 12 months old.