A super easy slow cooker ragu recipe. Makes a great family meal that everyone will enjoy!
- 600g diced beef (can be any cut)
- 390g (1 tin or carton) of chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 80ml liquid (can be water or red wine or a mixture of both)
- optional: parmesan rinds
- Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the last few minutes of cooking press down on the meat with a fork or masher and the meat will fall apart and mix with the sauce. Add more water if required at this stage.
- Remove the parmesan rinds before serving.
- Serve with pasta and veggies.