- butter or oil for greasing
- 200g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 50g chocolate chips
- 30g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker really well.
- Add the flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder and baking powder to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the butter to a jug and melt in the microwave. Mix in the milk and vanilla extra and stir.
- Pour this into the slow cooker and mix until all the ingredients have combined.
- Add the boiling water, cocoa powder and sugar to a jug and mix well. Pour this into the slow cooker on top of the cake mixture but do not stir.
- Pop the lid on and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
This cake is best served immediately but it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave.