An easy and tasty recipe for beef brisket, slow cooked in a red wine stock and served with kale mash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1.25kg / 2.75lbs beef brisket joint
- 600ml / 2.5 cups beef stock
- 1 small glass red wine (optional, can use more stock instead)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in a casserole dish or in a slow cooker. Add the beef joint and pour in the stock and red wine. Add the dried herbs and stir.
- Cook in a low oven (150C or 300F) or on high in the slow cooker for between 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the meat when cooked and carve. Spoon out the vegetables and juice and serve.