A super simple recipe for spaghetti and tomato sauce, perfect to whip up for a quick and easy kid-friendly meal!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tins (800g) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 20 capers, cut in half or thirds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter and oil to a pan and melt. Add in the onion and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the carrots, celery and garlic and fry for another couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, dried oregano and chopped capers and mix well.
- Cook on a high simmer for 10-12 minutes before serving with cooked spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper to taste.