This Secret Veggie Green Rice contains three portions of vegetables. And it’s so good the kids will never know!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and blitz in a food processor until it reaches a fine, rice-like consistency. Add the spinach and blitz again until it has all combined.
- Place the cauliflower and spinach mixture into a microwave proof bowl and cover with cling film. Pierce the cling film several times with a sharp knife and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and mix in the cooked rice.
- Next, mash the avocado and mix it with the lime juice and garlic powder. Add this to the rice and stir well until everything has combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.