And easy and delicious recipe for homemade Tomato & Red Pepper Soup. Perfect for lunch at home, to send in a packed lunch or even served with pasta for fussy eaters.
- 360g tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 250g potatoes
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and cut the peppers into chunks.
- Peel the garlic and, leaving it whole, crush with the back of a knife.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper and garlic to a baking tray.
- Add the olive oil and oregano and mix well.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cut them into small chunks. You can leave the skins on.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and transfer the tomatoes, peppers and garlic to a saucepan.
- Add the chopped potatoes and hot vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on high for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, blitz until smooth.
- Serve immediately, adding a little extra salt and pepper seasoning to the adults portion.
Leftover soup can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat on the hob or in the microwave until piping hot.
This soup can also be frozen. Defrost overnight in the fridge and reheat as above.