Get some extra veg into your family’s diet with this Whole30 compliant meal of Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Courgetti and a Creamy Pesto Sauce
- Roasted Chicken & Vegetables:
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1/2 courgette, chopped
- seasoning of your choice
- Courgetti with Creamy Pesto:
- 3 courgettes, spiralized
- 125g spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50ml olive oil
- 100ml coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Toss the chicken in the oil and put onto a baking tray. Season the chicken with any seasoning of your choice. I used salt, pepper and dried oregano. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the brocolli, cherry tomatoes, pepper and chopped courgette and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pesto by blitzing the spinach, garlic and olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Add the coconut milk and blitz again. You can vary the amount of coconut milk to make the pesto more or less creamy.
- Saute the courgetti in a little oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pesto and continue to saute for another 1-2 minutes until the pesto has warmed.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the oven and serve on top of the creamy pesto courgetti.
To make this recipe family friendly simply substitute half of the courgetti for normal spaghetti and add some grated parmesan on top.