These delicious little tots are packed with potato and butternut squash and make the perfect finger food for weaning babies and toddlers!
- 250g / 9oz white potato, peeled
- 250g / 9oz butternut squash, peeled
- 40g / 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 25g / 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Chop the potato and butternut squash into bite sized pieces. Place them in a large saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for approx 10 minutes until soft.
- Drain the vegetables completely and return them to the saucepan. Mash with a hand masher and then add the cheese, flour, garlic and herbs and mix well. At this point you can season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Transfer the mash onto a plate and allow it to cool a little before shaping into small tots or nuggets, before rolling in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the tots for 3-4 minutes on either side until golden and crispy.