A tasty smoky pasta dish all cooked in one pot and topped with crispy halloumi
- 225g halloumi
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 350g pasta
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pasta
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 150g frozen chopped vegetables
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Cut the halloumi into small bite sized pieces and add to a large casserole dish or saucepan with the oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the halloumi is brown and crispy.
- Remove the halloumi pieces from the pot and set aside on a plate.
- To the same pot ad the pasta, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, chipotle paste and oregano.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook for another 5-6 minutes until the pasta has fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche.
- Divide the pasta between four bowls and top with the crispy halloumi pieces.