A delicious recipe for creamy chicken curry and rice, all cooked together in one pot and in less than 30 minutes. Mid week meals made easy!
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 0.5 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- 400g chicken breast, diced very small
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 800ml hot chicken stock
- 300g easy cook long grain rice
- 75g fresh baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat on the hob.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions have softened but haven’t yet started to brown.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala and turmeric and mix well, cooking for a minute.
- Add the diced chicken and stir well before pouring in the coconut milk and stock.
- Add the rice.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 minute until the rice is cooked through.
- Stir every few minutes to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach. The heat will wilt it down very quickly.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be cooled and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- Leftovers can also be frozen so long as the chicken hasn’t previously been frozen. Defrost overnight in the fridge and reheat on the hob or in the microwave.